What better way to treat yourself than with a yummy new natural facial care product! I just picked myself up an Organic Jojoba & Mint Facial by Kiss My Face and it sure brightened my day!
The name sounds like it’s a treatment you’d get at an expensive spa, but it’s actually a very gentle facial scrub with a nice minty smell that leaves your face tingling all over! Love it!!
If money were no object, I’d have a bathroom cupboard FULL of all the fabulous, natural facial care products out there. But since money does not grow on trees (at least where I live), I find myself searching for the best affordable, high quality, good-for-you-and-the-planet products around. Truth is, if it’s over $20, I probably won’t be buying it – and if I do, it’s a big splurge.
Thankfully, there is no shortage of reasonably priced, naturally based facial care lines and because they are so popular, you don’t always have to go to Whole Foods or your local coop to find them anymore.
• Alba Botanica Sea Moss Moisturizer with SPF 15.
Been using it for years – the light, outdoorsy scent is OK by my husband so he uses it too! The price went up recently to about $13 for a 2-oz tube but that’s still a good deal in my book. I recently tried their Sea Lettuce Cleansing Milk and love that too. Not sure what sea lettuce does for my face though.
• Grassroots is a good line that I discovered awhile back at Kohl’s stores of all places. No animal testing, decent ingredients and great essential oil based fragrances. The Happily Ever After Moisture Cream with SPF 15 is rich, but not greasy (perfect for my dry skin) and has a nice, light citrusy scent that is not at all overpowering. Cost is $16 for 1.7 oz but you’d be a fool to pay full price since there is almost always some type of sale going on. The Feast Your Eyes eye balm is a nice product too.
• Burt’s Bees is a classic, naturally based line with very concentrated products so you don’t need to use much at a time. They have a new Radiance line of facial care cremes made with Royal Jelly (from bees of course!) that I haven’t tried yet.
If I had buckets of disposable income, here’s what I’d be buying:
• Dr. Hauschka - Incredible pure, rich and concentrated products made from sustainably sourced, organic ingredients. About $40 an ounce but a little goes a long way.
• Zia Cosmetics - Their Fresh Papaya Enzyme Peel is very unique and leaves your skin feeling SO smooth.
• Pangea Organics - Exotic sounding ingredients like Egyptian Fennel, Malagasy Ylang Ylang and Blood Orange. Haven’t tried it yet myself but would love to.
• Nature’s Gate Organics - A relatively new line with lots of anti-aging products that I should probably be thinking about as my 40 something birthday approaches…
So pick yourself up a facial care treat sometime soon - go on, you deserve it!