Back when I was in baby food making mode, I put my concoctions in any old container I could find, from ice cube trays to reused commercial baby food jars. That worked for me but I have to admit it would have been nice to have a smoother system for storing my precious purees.
Enter the Mumi & Bubi Solids Starter Kit™. The Solids Starter Kit™ is a simple but smart system for freezing homemade baby food that makes the whole process just a little bit easier - exactly what what a sleep deprived parent needs!
Each kit includes 2 high-quality freezing trays with lids and a link to a step-by-step eguide with 27 baby food recipes. Here's what makes the Mumi & Bubi's Solids Starter Kit™ better than traditional ice cube trays or random jars:
- Made from non-toxic polypropylene - certified free of BPA, phthalates and PVC. (FYI - lids on conventional baby food jars are often coated with plastic containing BPA)
- Trays have lids to keep food fresh and free of freezer burn - unlike ice cube trays.
- Grooves in top of lid makes trays easy to stack on top of one another.
- Trays are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Cubes pop out easily without twisting and digging.
- Each tray makes 21 (1-oz) cubes - the perfect serving size for baby!
- When baby food stage is over, use for freezing homemade pesto, soup stocks or smoothie treats!
I'm thinking this would make a perfect baby shower gift for a new parent. The Mumi & Bubi Solids Starter Kit™ is available online for a special price of $25.
Did you make homemade baby food for your child? Do you have any tips or tricks to share?
(Full Disclosure: I received a free Mumi & Bubi Solids Starter Kit in exchange for my honest opinion.)