Lizard skin. That's me without a good hand cream in the winter. Living in cold, dry Minnesota probably doesn't help but I think there's some genetics going on as well. My solution is to keep really rich hand creams strategically located where I can grab them easily - my purse, every bathroom counter and of course right next to my desk!
Lately, the Calming Calendula Cream from The Organic Skin Co has been my #1 choice while I'm working. Never heard of The Organic Skin Co.? I hadn't either until they approached me for a review. They are a New Zealand based company started by a gal named Megan. After getting a degree in Herbal Medicine and Naturopathy and studying Ayurveda in India, she started her own skin care company with the goal of "providing ethically produced, high quality, organic skincare products that can benefit every body".
- ECOCERT Organic certified
- Percentage of natural and organic ingredients is clearly disclosed (all products re 99%+ natural)
- Farming partnership with biodynamic, organic community farms in India
- Uses supercritical extraction to extract plant's nutrients without chemical solvents
- Packaged in recyclable aluminum tubes instead of plastic bottles
- Cartons are printed on FSC certified paper with vegetable inks
It's important to know that ECOCERT Organic label is quite different from the USDA Organic seal. The requirements for ECOCERT Organic are as follows:
A minimum of 95% of all plant-based ingredients in the formula and a minimum of 10% of all ingredients by weight must come from organic farming.
The Organic Skin Co. products come from far away in India but know that your purchase is helping support farming communities there.
In addition to the Calming Calendula Cream, I also tried the Amaranth and Vanilla Night Moisturizer. No worries about my skin feeling dry when I go to bed with this rich cream on!
Use code TOSC2M25 for 25% off 2 or more items. Valid through February 29, 2012.
What are your strategies for combating dry winter skin?